Our kids are learning Spanish this year. Well, rather, they’re being introduced to Spanish this year. Research has shown that early introduction to foreign language has a wealth of positive benefits — plus, it’s fun!
Speekee is a Spanish language tutor/course for kids that has a nifty online option. It’s called Speekee TV, and it’s a multi-dimensional, interactive way for kids to learn the Spanish language while having fun at the same time.
From Speekee’s informational literature:
Speekee is the world leader of its genre: Spanish language learning for young children. Designed by top experts in the field, Speekee incorporates the full range of modern teaching methodology, giving your child an authentic accelerated Spanish learning experience.
We were given the opportunity to try out and test Speekee TV in our home for a couple of months. Here’s what we liked about it:
- It allows your children to move ahead and learn the language at their own pace and on their own schedule.
- It features real children in real Spanish environments/locations. The kids immediately zoned in on the video clips because they saw kids their own age.
- It’s an immersion program, meaning it’s all Spanish — but both Spanish and English subtitles are available should you choose to view those while watching.
- Songs, puppets (including the title character Speekee), and fun animated breaks are included in each session.
Courtesy of Speekee, TWO of you will win a free two month trial membership to Speekee TV! Here’s how to enter: 1) MANDATORY: Tell me, in a comment below, why you’d like to watch Speekee TV.
2) For a second entry, subscribe to Muse Reviews’ feed OR subscribe via email — tell me in a separate comment if you’re a new subscriber or already a subscriber. 3) For a third entry, become friends with Muse Reviews on Facebook, then tell me you did so in a separate comment below. 4) For a fourth entry, twitter about this contest using @MuseReviews within your tweet, then tell me in a separate comment that you twittered! (Only one tweet per person per contest, please.) I’ll close this contest at 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011. Good luck!
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
Congrats to the winner, #3, Henria!
FTC info — Disclaimer: I received the two months of Speekee TV at no cost per my review….but my review is honest and my opinions are my own. I did not receive any other monetary or product compensation for this review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”