Chocolate pretzel buttons.

By megret | February 13, 2009 at 11:50 am | 19 comments | Morsels

I came across this recipe a while ago and immediately tagged it as a Valentine’s Day treat. Though I love the original circle-shaped edition, round pretzels just were not to be found in our town, so we opted for the “snaps,” the square thatched pretzels…which worked just as well.

You will need:

2 bags Hershey’s Kisses or Hugs (nut-free), or a combination of both
1 large bag M&M candies
1 bag pretzel rounds or squares
Cookie sheets
Parchment paper or foil

The most tedious part was unwrapping all of the Hershey’s Kisses & Hugs. But I did sneak a couple, which aided in the process and kept me going.

Hugs wrappers

Place the pretzels on the foil or parchment lined cookie sheets, then place a Kiss or Hug in the center of each.

Chocolate pretzel buttons

Place in a 350 degree oven for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, just till candy begins to soften and melt. Remove and immediately press an M&M into the center of each kiss (a drinking straw helps keep your fingers mess-free). Cool slightly, then transfer sheets to the refrigerator for a few minutes to set.

These are addictive — I’ll warn you! But oh-so-good…and pretty cute, too. Enjoy!

Chocolate pretzel buttons 2

About the Author

19 Comments

1. Amie Miller (5 years ago)

Glad you enjoyed my recipe :)

2. Amanda (5 years ago)

I make this at Christmas time with rolo’s instead of kisses. They are very addicting.

3. Amanda @ www.kiddio.org (5 years ago)

These are super-cute! What a fun idea :)

4. Jennifer Lavender (5 years ago)

Those look so yummy. I think I need to go buy some pretzels and valentine’s candy next week when it is on sale.

5. Sara (5 years ago)

Thanks for the directions. I had these at Christmas with red and green m&m’s. I tried to re-create them, but my kisses did not look so smooth when I pushed the m&m down. Now I know I was baking them too long. These are so addicting for anyone who loves the sweet and salty combo, for sure!

6. jodi (5 years ago)

oh – somebody gave us some of those for Christmas and they were so so so yummy & definitely addictive! yummo!

7. Laura-Whateverebay (5 years ago)

how cool, this makes a great gift idea. No chocolate for me for a while, too much already from V-day :)

8. Vanessa (5 years ago)

Just made these last week for home group and they were a big hit! Thanks for sharing. :)

9. Candice (5 years ago)

Daniel and I saw this recipe….and bookmarked it. Well, a couple of days later…Daniel ran to the store to get milk and came back with pretzels/hershey kisses/almonds. He was so excited for us to make this!!! They turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!

10. Valentine’s Day Recipes: Desserts Galore | RecipeLionBlog (2 years ago)

[...] Chocolate Pretzel Buttons [...]

11. Tiny Prints Classroom Valentines are out! (2 years ago)

[...] via [...]

12. Lindsay (2 years ago)

I really want to make these for my baby shower….however, I just attempted and the kisses didnt melt, they crumpled, I tested them at 2 mins, then 3, then by 4 it was a lost cause, they were all runied. What did I do wrong??? At 2 mins, they werent soft enough to push in an M& M……and by 2.5-3 mins they were all crumpled. Please Help

13. Debbie (2 years ago)

Lindsay, were you using the milk chocolate Kisses. The same thing happened to me with the milk chocolate kisses – not soft enough and then crumbly, they looked terrible. But the dark chocolate Kisses worked perfectly. I’m going to try the Hugs and see what happens.

14. Christina (2 years ago)

I was having the same issues, try 325 degrees for 1:45-2 minutes!

15. Carol (2 years ago)

These look so good. Do you serve them at room temperature or cold from the fridge? Thanks for sharing these.

16. Angela (2 years ago)

I made these for my birthday and they turned out great, thank you!

Now I wish I’d read the comments earlier, as my hugs/kisses got a little funny but weren’t ruined.

Read about them here: http://alohayinzmangia.blogspot.com/2012/02/birthday-bbq.html

17. Christmas Treat Boxes | letters from home (1 year ago)

[...] Chocolate pretzel buttons: [...]

18. Habib (1 year ago)

Yum! We made these last night with Snaps (the square petrzels). I baked them on a silpat placed on a baking sheet. When the chocolate was melted, I picked up the silpat and put it on a cooling rack so the kids could put the m&m’s on. No burnt forearms!

19. noclegi lodz centrum (4 weeks ago)

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can
    i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a
    acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

Comments

© 2011 Muses of Megret. All rights reserved.