WFMW – New books for the new year (for you AND your child)

By megret | January 6, 2009 at 10:30 pm | 10 comments | WFMW

I bet I’m not the only one who has added “read more books” to my New Year’s resolutions list! (Actually, it’s a staple resolution for me every year.)

If you are growing weary of “reading with the masses,” or if you just want to reach back into the classic, tried-and-true lists of books sure to please, I have two wonderful book recommendations that you should by all means purchase first.

For yourself, check out Honey for a Woman’s Heart. In it you’ll find a wealth of book recommendations for any type of genre you can imagine….and oldies, as well, such as Pilgrim’s Progress, Oliver Twist, and Walking Across Egypt. Nonfiction suggestions, poetry anthologies, and even Christian books are given equal attention.

In Honey for a Child’s Heart, you’ll find a wealth of unforgettable title suggestions for the little ones you read to (or who are avid readers themselves). From the Narnia Chronicles to Then There Were Five to My Friend Flicka, there’s something for every child’s taste….illustrated books to pore over as well as chapter books to enjoy little by little (our 4-year-old is loving having a chapter a night read to him!).

These Zondervan-published volumes will not disappoint…they’ll become handy reference tools that you’ll grab off the bookshelf several times a year.

Go see and read about other WFMW ideas at Rocks In My Dryer!

About the Author

10 Comments

1. Kim@ForeverWherever (5 years ago)

Thanks for the suggestions! Great books can be hard to find when your standing in the bookstore!

2. Sharon (5 years ago)

Love “Honey for a Child’s Heart.” I didn’t know there was another for women. Great suggestion!

3. Blue Castle (5 years ago)

I have a friend who uses these books too. I will have to check them out. Thanks for the tip. :)

4. Sherry (5 years ago)

Great books! I have the kids one and there is also one for teens, too. I want to get the one for women.

5. Amy (5 years ago)

I have the child book, but didn’t know the other one existed. Thanks!

6. wfmw - cookies for breakfast « Are we there yet? (5 years ago)

[...] Honey for a Woman’s Heart Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)the recipe I’ve been waiting for…cookies you can have for breakfast, guilt-freeThe World’s Fastest and Easiest Christmas Cookie RecipeOur Favorite Winter Breakfasts at Epicurious.com [...]

7. Mandy (5 years ago)

I have both of these books coming in the mail! I am so excited to get them and get to modifying my reading list for this year. :) Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!

8. Hillary (5 years ago)

Thanks for sharing! I’ll have to try those out!

9. niki (5 years ago)

I have reading on my goals list this year too.

10. lynn @ queenofthecastlerecipes.com (5 years ago)

I soooo love these books, and the book she wrote, Honey for a Teen’s Heart, also. I agree, you can’t go wrong with her recommendations. Jim Trelease’s Read-Aloud Handbook is another super resource when you’re looking for children’s books.

Comments

© 2011 Muses of Megret. All rights reserved.